Friday, January 16, 2009

I Heart....

This week I'm loving Garance Dore, Broke and Beautiful and Style Bubble's fashion blogs. A colourful circus of Parisian glamour in a digital age, a blow-by-blow history on capes (and capelets!), and goblets of colour blocking, layering and D-I-Y trendsetting. I'm particularly loving this get-up, which might look like the murder of an unsuspecting ostrich to some, but I reckon this girl pulls it off with an air of sophisticated nonchalance (if there is such a thing?)

Although my own personal style falls within more conservative boundaries, I'm hoping to lose my fashion inhibitions and open up to a myriad of traffic-stopping (for all the wrong and right reasons) couture. Argh! Watch me get flattened into fashion roadkill!...I've started with wet look-legging and purple tights. Not together. Hmmm, on second thoughts...

In other news, I have been crushing on Frederick Blood-Royale for a while now, which is a big no-no for the following reasons: 1.) He sports a pretentious handlebar moustache and probably smokes a pipe without irony 2.) He's a TV presenter pretending he doesn't want to be a TV presenter 3.) He's a music snob. And finally and most pertinently, 4.) He used to date Peaches Geldof.

Despite these entirely valid reasons to steer well clear, I was doomed from the start when a (sort of) love at first sight intruded upon my fluttering heart after spotting him on the back of a monthly music rag. I spent the duration of the night wearing his torn out face as a mask after a friend and I lovingly christened him Desmond. And he'll always be Desmond in my heart. This borderline obsession led me to purchase 2 tickets to his band Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man's gig at Hoxton Bar and Grill next week. This makes me the worst kind of music fan - the kind who purchases tickets to see a band based on the perdiness of its lead singer. What a tosser I've become...


No comments: